The Cipollini onions or the small sized sweet onions are the ones that are used abundant in fine cooking as they have a distinctive sweet taste of onion that serve best for the recipes that include grilled vegetables and meat.
There are a lot of ways in which you can cook the Cipollini onions and one of the best ways to do so, is to grill them and then add them to any recipe that you want or consume them as it is, as grilled onions.
But learning how to grill these onions is something very important and this is the reason why you are looking at this post. Below is the recipe of grilling these sweet little onions conveniently for your recipes.
How to grill the Cipollini onions?
Here we are going to take a look at the steps of grilling these onions with ease.
- To grill the onions, you will need some skewers to place on the grill. The wooden skewers have a tendency to get burnt on the grill, therefore it is best to soak them in water for about 30 minutes.
- Now you will prepare the onions to be grilled. For this purpose, you will have to take the onions and use some salt and pepper on them or some other kind of seasoning that you like to have. Toss them all together so that they are nicely mixed.
- Now that you have applied the oil, herbs and other spices on the onions, the next thing to do is to chill them out. Put them in the refrigerator.
- Now get the grill ready. Put it on medium high flame and pat some oil on to the grill of the grate so that the onions do not stick to it.
- Now use the skewers and put the onions on them. one by one and side by side. Then put the skewer on the grill of the grate and then let the onions get caramelized. About after 5 minutes, turn the skewer over, so that the onions get grilled from both the sides equally.
- After ten minutes, your onion would be ready. Dish them out and enjoy them with any of your favorite combinations of meat and vegetables.
- Do not forget to turn the grill off after you have cooked them.